Tuesday, May 31, 2005

 

Camping

Went camping this memorial day wknd w/ the fam, down in Kentucky outside of Mammoth Cave park. Sunday was camping; Monday was splunking. I have to say, if you have a five year old son or daughter, camping is just about the most enjoyable thing I can think to do with your kid(s). My son absolutely loved every minute of it. The tent, the campfire, making s'mores... things that as adults we view as part and parcle of the camping experience are completely new and exciting for kids. I've never seen a person more excited about making a campfire. Liam was totally thrilled to do watch me build the fire though. The caves, while majestic and breathtaking, seemed almost an afterthought in comparison to the energy he showed for simply setting up camp.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?